Manchester’s amazing, right? (In case you didn’t know the answer to that, let me tell you now – it is!) It’s so diverse & full of different kinds of places, including some delicious restaurants and takeaways, with foods from all over the world, showing off all kinds of different cultures. Of course, Manchester also has burger places for those times where you just need a burger, too…let’s be honest, those times are quite often aren’t they? (No judging from me!)
Manchester is home to so many different kinds of people, which is one of the reasons why there are so many different cuisines on offer. So, when I see a Halal diner has recently opened up, what do I do? Nothing. I do absolutely nothing. (I bet that’s exactly what you wanted to read!) Thankfully, my siblings are more adventurous when it comes to all this stuff, so it was my brother’s suggestion that brought us to Grand Daddy’s Diner in the heart of Manchester last year, and we’ve never looked back.
Fast forward one year, and Grand Daddy’s Diner is now my go-to when I’m at home in Manchester and fancy a burger. I’ve written all about our first visit before, which you can check out here if you want to know a bit more about Grand Daddy’s Diner and want to see our thoughts on the food.
But this post is more than that. Over the past year I’ve been again and have also had the chance to host an event there. Now, I’ll be sharing the reasons why I kept Grand Daddy’s Diner as the meeting place for our event below, and I’ll also tell you why I need to pop in again soon. You might even find out why you do, too!
- It’s located just off Oxford Road in Central Manchester, and is walking distance from both universities there as well as being walking distance from Manchester town centre. If you don’t fancy walking, there are transport facilities, including trains and buses, nearby.
- Every time I’ve been, myself and whoever I am with have always been treated in a professional, friendly way and have been looked after well.
- The food is delicious. I mean like, stuff-your-face-be-full-and-still-want-more kinda delicious. *burger cravings*
- The staff are extremely friendly & cater to your every need. It’s clear that they do everything they can to ensure you have a pleasant experience at the diner, and that really does make all the difference.
- They have comfy seating and you and your friends can even sit in your own booth and have a natter – we all love a good booth, right?
- You get gourmet burgers without the ‘gourmet’ price tag, making it student-friendly. Whoooooop
- As it’s American-themed, you can have your own taste of America without the plane ticket…or the politics.
- Their food is Halal and they have vegetarian options, too. If you don’t fancy a burger, you could get some nachos or even a milkshake – there’s quite the variety.
- Last but not least, they have burgers…need I say more?
Like I said, the owner and staff are super kind at the American-themed diner, but one of my absolute favourite things about Grand Daddy’s Diner has to be the fact that they have challenges which I definitely want to try…one day, when I’ve plucked up some courage!
And that’s my go-to burger place in Manchester! All this reminds me, I haven’t been for a while now, so I think a little trip is necessary sometime soon.
Next time you’re in Manchester, pop in & tell them you’ve heard great things. You won’t be disappointed! Also, don’t forget to like their page on Facebook and follow them on Instagram for all the latest Diner deals.
Have you been to Grand Daddy’s Diner before? How did you find it?
All the love,
1 Week Mary x