Last November I finally turned 20, which you may already know if you’re a regular reader. In those 20 years, I’ve learnt a gazillion things, from how to talk, to how to read, to how to fit my whole fist in my mouth (like you do).
Everything I do and everything that you do has been learned. Whether we’ve taught ourselves or someone else has taught us, it’s all been learned. So, I narrowed it down to 20 lessons I’ve learnt in the last 20 years and I thought I’d share them here with you.
I hope you enjoy reading!
- It doesn’t matter what you look like, it’s what’s inside that counts
- There’s no point living with regrets – don’t regret anything you’ve done, it happened for a reason
- Absolutely anything can happen at any time
- Have faith in God, always – things may not go according to your plan, but everything is happening the way it’s supposed to
- Honesty is the best policy – nothing good can come out of lying
- Family first – there are very few things better than spending time with your family
- It’s okay to let go of people that are holding you back
- Don’t make promises when you’re happy and keep quiet when you’re angry
- The world needs love – be kind, even smiling at someone is enough to cheer them up
- Kindness and being nice is such a rarity these days, so whenever you get the chance to, just be nice – it’s 100% appreciated
- Your parents and siblings are two of the absolute greatest gifts you’ve been given
- Age does not equal maturity
- Time is precious, we don’t have much of it
- Everything will change – the one thing that will always stay constant is the fact that everything will change
- Friends fight, just like siblings, but if you’re real friends, you’ll always find a way of making up
- It’s the smaller things in life that will make you happier – e.g., playing Monopoly with your family is so much more precious than buying a Michael Kors bag
- Your parents have done so much for you, as you grow older, they’ll need you to return the favour
- Don’t be ungrateful, there are millions of people all around the world, sometimes not even as far as you think, that would be eternally grateful to have even a fraction of what you have
- Being kind or helping someone actually results in them helping you, as God will reward you & also, you’ll feel so, incredibly happy
- Every single day at least one lesson is learnt & we won’t ever stop learning
There’s so much I’ve learnt in my lifetime, and I’m continuing to learn every single day.
Thank you for reading. What’s one of the most important life lessons you’ve learnt?
1 Week Mary x