Do I really believe in New Year’s Resolutions? Hmm. Do I believe they’re just setting us up to fail? Hmm. I might not believe in New Year’s Resolutions, but I do believe in setting yourself goals, which is exactly what this post is going to be about.
Here are some of the things I hope to achieve in 2017:
Oh my days, just now, while thinking, I realised that I’m going to be starting my 3rd year of university in 2017. Woaaaaaaaaaah, that was a real shock. Anyway *intermission over* here are my goals for 2017:
- Pass my second year of uni and get good grades
- Start my third year of university
- Improve the content of my blog and get more visitors that genuinely enjoy my posts
- I really want my blog to do well this year, and I’m hoping to make that happen!
- Spend more time with my friends and family
- Grab hold of the opportunities that come my way. I want to take chances and do it for the stories I’ll be able to tell after. I don’t want to regret afterwards, I just want to do.
- Become more open minded. I’d say I’m pretty open minded, I’m always open to trying new things, but I want to see things from different perspectives, I want to know more, I want to do more.
- Make money. Let’s be real here, I need money to live. I don’t want to be reliant on my parents or my student loan, I want to make money, whether that’s from getting a job or writing a book or from my blog, who knows
- Stop being so lazy
- Talk to my friends and family more when I’m away. I’m kind of known for not replying to texts straight away, or, you know, in the same week…I want to get better at replying to texts and actually talk to everyone not only when they’re stood in front of me.
- My friend became a Mum last year and I’ve only got to see her son a handful of times. I want to be there to watch him grow up, instead of just going and saying “oh my gosh he’s grown!” every few months.
- Be more responsible. A few weeks ago, before I turned 20 I had a little “I need to grow the heck up” crisis, which basically made me realise that I need to become more responsible and more of a real adult (if that’s even a thing).
- Be more honest. I definitely prefer it when people are honest with me instead of just telling me what I want to hear, it’ll save me in the long run! Also, I want to be more honest with myself. Of course, there are times when I’m wrong and sometimes in these times, I’ll brush it off inside instead of thinking “I’m wrong, I should apologise”. I know I have problems & things I need to work on, and I want to start admitting these things to myself. There’s no point deceiving yourself because the only one that’s getting hurt is you.
- Put more time into my 1 Weekers and do more of them. My 1 Weekers are supposed to be the whole point of my blog, so I want to do more of them and experience lots of new things.
- I want at least one of my Pinterest pictures to take over Pinterest (ok, not really), but to do really well on Pinterest. I’ve just started using it and I love it already!
- Be okay with cutting negativity out of my life
- Use social media for my blog properly
- Get healthier. Back when I was 16 in high school, I used to think I was so fat. I wasn’t bloody fat. I was an idiot. Now I’ve actually put on weight, I wish I could go back to my weight and size back then, because I wasn’t fat. Also, it’s not just about wanting to lose weight or get slimmer, I want to have better health. I don’t want to be panting when I’ve just gone up a couple of flights of stairs or feel out of breath whenever I’m walking, I don’t want to have to run to the doctors all the time because my hair’s falling our because I’m not eating properly and I’m lacking certain vitamins and I also want to be able to fit back into my old clothes.
- Use my blog as an online journal, in part, so I can look back and see all the things I did
- And just be a better person in general, I guess.
And those are my goals for 2017! I hope I manage to do a few, at least, I mean, they’re realistic enough!
What’s one of your goals for 2017?
1 Week Mary x