Now, I’m not saying I’m the most experienced blogger or anything like that, but recently I’ve come into contact with quite a few people who have just started blogging and want to get their blogs noticed.
When I started blogging, there was so much I didn’t know. I had no idea there were Twitter chats, and I definitely didn’t know there was a whole blogging community. So if you’re a blogger and are looking to meet new people on Twitter while getting your blog noticed, here are 5 tips for you.
- Take part in Twitter chats. These are like big virtual networking/socialising chats, where you’re asked questions on a specific topic & you answer them, as well as chat to other bloggers. There’s at least one on everyday and you can find a list of them here. I love taking part in chats, as everyone is so friendly and you get the chance to speak to all kinds of bloggers, most of which are super nice.
- Interact with others. You really like that watch that someone posted a picture of? Tell them. You saw someone going on about a restaurant they recently fell in love with and you love it, too? Tell them!
- Get involved with blog retweet accounts. There are so many amazing accounts on Twitter that usually have hashtags which you add to your new post and voila your tweet will be retweeted to their followers. You can find a list of some here.
- Share other people’s posts, too. I fully hold my hands up and say that I haven’t been doing this much recently, but whenever I get the chance to, I do try. The reason why it’s good to share other people’s posts is not only because they’re likely to return the favour, but also because when people come across your feed they’ll see that you are interested in looking at other people’s posts too and it’s not all me me me. Plus, it’s just nice!
- Show your personality. Not everything you post has to be blog related. People follow you on Twitter, yes, because they like your blog, but also because they want to know the real you and they want to get to know the blogger behind the blog, so just be yourself and tweet whatever you want.
And that’s all for now. Did you find these tips useful? Or do you have any more tips?
Btw, sorry I haven’t been posting much recently, I’ve been really busy with the event planning for our first event, which is only a week away now! Will you be coming?
1 Week Mary x