Returning readers will probably know that I’ve come to the end of my first year at uni, so for the 4th of my daily student life blog posts, I thought I’d tell you a little about my first year and the (silly) things I did, just to give you a little insight into my first year of university. Enjoy!
- I’ve put on almost two stones in weight (don’t judge me ok)
- At the beginning of the year I read all my books (I even sat and read the whole of Trainspotting the day before my lesson. I was so scared I was going to get in trouble if I hadn’t read it that I sat and read it in one sitting; it took me TEN HOURS, but I did it!) but then I stopped reading them completely halfway through the year
- Sometimes I leave the washing in the basket for a little too long and only wash the clothes when I’m running out of clothes to wear (stop judging me)
- I did get homesick and used to get pretty lonely at the start of the year
- I did most of my essays the night before they were due in
- 80% of my revision was done the day before the exam
- I did used to worry whether my English Literature degree would even help me in life
- My mum sent me food in bulk to be frozen so I didn’t have to cook much
- But when I did, my go-to foods for the year were noodles/extremely fattening spinach and cheese tortellini pasta from Sainsburys/chicken wings
- After my last exam I was so bored I finally started reading the books I was supposed to have read for my exam
- I joined the gym in November, went a few times and that was it – I still haven’t cancelled my gym membership
- I was late to almost every single one of my morning lessons
- I only had one lecture a week on Mondays and I must have missed the last 8 or so – okay, seeing that typed out, that’s actually really bad
*By reading this you understand that this is a safe space and what I tell you here stays here. *
Perhaps it’s a little silly to put it on the internet then isn’t it…just kidding, of course! Share, share and tell everyone you know! I hope you enjoyed reading.
What confessions do you have to make? Tell me anonymously here.
1 Week Mary x